Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mince Meat & Vegetables Stir Fry with Rice

I am always looking for new recipes to cook for my boys. I have put myself in a mission to provide them with a healthier and nutritional diet. Well, hmmm it doesn't always go as planned, nothing does the moment you have kids, right.. :-)
Well, here is a homemade recipe for the kids. Don't think its entirely healthy but I am happy I can now say that my picky eater (E) has slowly accepted to include vegetables in his meal. Well not entirely but he doesnt seem to be complaining about it so much as before and he doesnt gag when he comes across something that he doesnt like ( usually vegetables) in his meal. So, thats good progress.
This is a simple and yummy ( I can assure you as I wanted to finish it myself) recipe. So here it goes:-


Ingredients

Home rendered lard ( or you can use your preferred oil) - for those who thinks lard is not healthy check out this link for starters and you will understand the many benefits of it http://empoweredsustenance.com/lard-is-healthy/
500g Chicken mince meat  ( your choice of meat)
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
1 small shallot (sliced)
1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
Long beans ( cut small)
Carrot ( cut in small cubes)
Tofu ( cut in small rectangles or whichever shape you like)
Salt ( optional - I didn't use any)

Marinating sauce
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
2 tbsp of soy sauce
a dash of white pepper
1 tsp of brown sugar
1 tbsp of sesame oil

Method

1) Marinate the mince meat with the marinating sauce for about 10 mins.
2) Heat up the pan and add/pour in some lard or oil.
3) Once its hot, add in shallot and ginger garlic paste. Stir it until slightly brown.
4) Add in the marinated mince meat, and stir it around ( breaking up all the lumps with your ladle) for about 2 mins. Close the lid and leave it to cook for about 7 mins
5) Open the lid and add the turmeric powder. Stir the mince meat for a bit then add in the carrot, long beans & tofu. Also, add in 1/2 cup of water and stir to mix all up. Close the lid and let it cook for about 15 mins ( stir every now and then so it doesn't get stuck on the pan or get burnt)
6) Finally, add some salt if needed ( I didn't use any). Switch off the stove and serve this dish with warm steamed rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment